I thought I better go ahead and share this summery recipe before summer is officially over. I don’t care what you guys say, it’s not over until all the leaves fall! Summer…please don’t leave me. Anyways, this salad is super easy to make. I got the idea from Gimme Some Oven. (See the original post here) My version is more or less the same, with some minor differences. I’ve made this salad two times so far. Once for a girl’s night in dinner and once for my 10 years old little brother (a very picky eater who usually only likes cheese and potatoes), and both times it was a win!
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1 red pepper (The original called for roasted red pepper. I didn’t have any so I used fresh ones. Just as yummy!)
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 handfuls baby arugula
*Side story about this photo: I got stuck outside of my house after grocery shopping because I forgot my keys, so I had a photo-shoot in the backyard to pass time. Oh the things I do for food. (Mozzarella missing in the shot)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot.
- Toss pasta with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Now I shall continue to eat my yummy salad and pretend it is still summer…
*Credits to Gimme Some Oven for this awesome 5 ingredients recipe.